Artefact/Diagram

 Artefact/diagram 


Today's zoom session dicussion of topic was our diagram/artefact and what the task requires. It's a chance to have a creative output in regards to this module. Helen said how it should be a fun way to express yourself.

Prior the session I hadn't really thought about it due to working on improvements to my essay...

My initial idea was to do a piece of choreography with my phone being a prop and I would do my choreography with a phone in my hand the entire time.

In regards to my practice my phone is a big tool in how I go about my practice in particular social media! It is one of the many ways I am finding ways to develop as a dancer since the pandemic.

Helen mentioned that it is a nice starting point and how I should continue to explore with idea she also mentioned camera angles and play around with them.

Pedro said that there were two things to take into consideration:

one: how is the phone being seen in video? Originally I was going to have a friend or a parent of mine to film on their phone whilst I was dancing around with mine.

second: is the phone doing the camera work in regards to your artefact?

He also mentioned that it will be interesting to play in between the two.

I hadn't considered that my phone could also be the camera. It was a lovely idea that Pedro said and I will be using it.


Another point that came into my mind was where would I film this choreography?

I was thinking a country park as my practice is trying to find ways and i thought that a country park was different directions but I don't know if this would be a good idea or not?

Any ideas on where I can film let me know?!

P.S If anyone have any ideas on how I could portray social media platforms in my dance please let me know!!


I feel like I back to square one when I first started this module...


Portia 


xoxo

Comments

  1. Hi Portia! I heard your idea in the recording and thought it was excellent! I love the idea of seeing what the phone sees. As for a location, I would think about somewhere that is relevant to your practice … or perhaps it moves through locations… where do you research and “do business” if you will then where do you go to rehearse or train, and even where do you perform. Almost a day in the life… the choreography takes us through your daily practice and the phone sees it all.

    I hope I can see the finished product as it sounds like a great project.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryan,

      Thanks for the reassurance about my idea. I originally wanted my phone to somewhat represent ''social media'' but I prefer your concept to it. After reading your response I realise that my practice is somewhat very hectic and messy which the camera angles of my phone could represent. Going back to my point about location I do agree with you about it relating to my practice I think I will try and see if I can book the studio I got to for dance classes at the moment out. I also like your point about a day in the life kinda vibe, you have given me lots of ideas for creativity!

      Thank you
      Portia
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey Portia, I really like the idea of 'a day in the life' in regards to location. Seeing the choreography flip through different locations relevant to your practice would look great! I was also thinking about how you could also refence the social media aspect of your concept to show how important it is to your practice. You could maybe make one of those big Instagram photo fames and use that somewhat in your choreo? Love your idea!

    Kam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kamille,

    Thanks for that other aspect of how to go about this I like the fact you added locations to it. After reading Ryan's comment I was just going to film myself walking to the studio and preparing for the 'day' in the studio I have been doing dance classes at but adding other locations that link to my practice like my workplace for example is a great idea. I was just going to use the phone as symbolism to portray social media and how I dance with it shows the connection and the reliability to it.

    Thanks for the idea I will work around it.

    Portia
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment